September 4, 2023
By using the Website, Customer represents and warrants that:
- Customer is not a minor in the jurisdiction of their domicile;
- Customer will not access the Website through automated or non-human means;
- Customer will not use the Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- Customer’s use of the Website will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
Customer shall not access or use the Website for any purpose other than that for which the Website is made available to the Customer. The Website may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those related to the work performed by DPO Europe on behalf of the Customer. Further, Customer agrees to refrain from the following:
- Make any unauthorized use of the Website;
- Retrieve data or content for the purposes of creating or compiling a database or directory;
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features on the Website;
- Trick, defraud or mislead DPO Europe or other users;
- Interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden on the Website or DPO Europe’s networks or servers;
- Use the Website in an effort to compete with DPO Europe;
- Harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any of DPO Europe’s employees, independent contractors or agents providing services through the Website.
Intellectual property rights
Provided that you are eligible to use the Website, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Website and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Website, the Content, and the Marks.
Rights and obligations of the Parties
DPO Europe shall be obliged to:
- Provide quality Services in accordance with the terms of these Terms;
- Provide the Customer’s representative with the necessary information, materials and documents;
- Ensure confidentiality of information received by him from the Customer in connection with the Service provided, except for cases when access to such information shall be provided by virtue of the imperative provisions of the laws of Germany.
Pursuant to these Terms, DPO Europe shall be entitled to:
- Independently determine the forms and methods of provision of the consulting and training services and develop the most effective and efficient solutions for the Customer on their basis;
- Provide on a reimbursable basis additional services of consulting and training nature to the Customer upon the request of the latter;
- Refuse to perform these Terms after full compensation of losses to the Customer.
In accordance with these Terms, the Customer undertakes to:
- Pay timely and in full for the Services provided by DPO Europe under these Terms.
Pursuant to these Terms, the Customer shall be entitled to:
- Receive quality Services on a reimbursable basis in accordance with these Terms;
- Refuse to perform these Terms subject to payment of the actual costs incurred by DPO Europe.
All pricing quotations are valid only for 7 days from the date they are first sent to the Customer. All prices are subject to change due to the dynamic nature of our business. All prices are given in euro excluding VAT.
The course fee(s), are payable in full immediately upon confirmation. Customers must be responsible for all bank charges in relation to the overseas transactions.
When a refund is issued to the Customer by DPO Europe, the refund may take up to 14 working days to be processed. Refunds will be processed using the same payment method that the original payment was made.
Handle failed refunds
A refund can fail if the customer’s bank or card issuer has been unable to process it correctly. For example, a closed bank account or a problem with the card can cause a refund to fail. When this happens, the bank returns the refunded amount to us and we add it back to your account balance. This process can take up to 30 days from the post date.
Unless written cancellation is received at least 14 working days before the start date of the course, the full fees are payable in full and non-refundable. All cancellations made between, 0-14 working days prior to the course start date are subject to a 100% cancellation course fee which must be paid upon cancellation. If you do need to make a cancellation, please notify DPO Europe in writing via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should a course booking be made less than 14 working days prior to the course start date, the above cancellation terms still apply and fees are payable in full and non-refundable.
Changes to Courses
DPO Europe reserves the right to change any part of a published course; if this is caused by circumstances beyond our control. DPO Europe reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course and will advise the customer as soon as the change is known. DPO Europe will use all reasonable endeavors to avoid changes of this nature. For any courses which are rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances (such as trainer sickness/course low fill) every endeavor will be made to provide a replacement trainer or to reschedule the course and we will offer delegates as many options as possible to complete their training programs. For any courses which are cancelled by DPO Europe, the delegate will be provided with the option of a full refund.
Contents of course timetables are intended for general guidance only. Any typographical error including pricing or omission in any website, sales literature, administrative documentation, course materials, invoice, or other documents shall be liable to correction without any liability on the part of DPO Europe.
Non-attendance of any course for any reason whatsoever is deemed to be a cancellation with no notice and payment is non-refundable.
The Customer accepts that it is their responsibility that the course booked is suitable for the requirements and abilities of the delegates attending.
DPO Europe reserves the right to refuse admission to any person whom it considers in its absolute discretion to be unsuitable for the training programs.
The Parties shall be exempt from liability for partial or complete non-fulfilment of obligations under these Terms if it is a consequence of the action of emergency and circumstances which are unavoidable under given conditions (force majeure). The affected Party shall be obliged to notify the other Party in writing within 5 (five) calendar days from the date of occurrence of such circumstances. The fact of occurrence of the said force majeure circumstances and their duration shall be confirmed by the document issued by the authorized organization of the country where these circumstances took place. The Party which has not notified or untimely notified the other Party about the occurrence of force majeure circumstances shall be deprived of the right to refer to their occurrence.
Privacy and Notifications
We care about data privacy and security, please read our Privacy Notice (link).
In accordance with the Privacy Notice, DPO Europe is entitled to send all notifications to the Customer by e-mail, including but not limited to announcements about product updates or technical maintenance work, invoices, payment reminders, setup or cancellation confirmations, lost access data, etc.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with German law without regard to conflict of law principles.
Limitations of liability
In no event shall DPO Europe, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by DPO Europe.
DPO Europe has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, Privacy Policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that DPO Europe shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.